-
September 12th, 2003, 09:26 PM
#11
Inactive Member
This morning I grabebd the American IV album for my car without knowing about the death. I also wore all black. Must have been some psychic knowledge of his passing. His influence will stay with me for life. Good-bye Johnny.
-
September 12th, 2003, 09:49 PM
#12
Inactive Member
whoever gets to see social d tonight is gonna get a badass tribute
-
September 12th, 2003, 10:09 PM
#13
mmsickboy
Guest
-
September 13th, 2003, 02:04 AM
#14
Inactive Member
He was an amazing man, a man who spoke frankly and truthfully; truely a King of Spades. Can't wait to get the ink now..
-
September 13th, 2003, 03:16 AM
#15
Inactive Member
I was thinking after June's death, that he would not be around much longer. Such sad news....what a shame.....RIP Johnny. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
September 13th, 2003, 03:18 AM
#16
Inactive Member
I was far more shocked by Ritter's passing, but I'm sitting here at 9 AM pissing off my neighbors with Wanted Man at volume 10. As much as it's been anticipated, it still hit me hard when I learned the Man In Black had finally crossed. His inspiration and influence on me is unrivaled. I hang my head.
-
September 13th, 2003, 03:16 PM
#17
Inactive Member
Yeah we're all clad in black around here. I found out at 6AM and had to go on the air at 6:15....I was barely able to hold it together.
They come in threes.....Zevon, Cash and Ritter....Celebrity deaths.....
-
September 13th, 2003, 03:40 PM
#18
Inactive Member
I've noticed for a while now that they go in three's. Who's Zevon though?
Little Devil Girl, I dig your Johnny Cash drawing. Your so talented! Looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks. I hope Mom13 and Junkie still want to hang out too. They'll probably have another carshow at the Rockaround, so maybe you all can come down for that again. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
September 14th, 2003, 11:19 PM
#19
HB Forum Owner
erica, did i understand you correctly? Do you not know who warren zevon is?
aaaaaooooooooh! warewolves in london. aaaaoooooh!
"and his hair was perfect"
---steve
-
September 15th, 2003, 05:22 AM
#20
Inactive Member
September 12th, 2003
Farewell To An Inspiration And Legend
Social Distortion wishes farewell to The Man In Black. Johnny Cash was an
icon in country music and American culture and will be greatly missed by
all. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Cash family.
Johnny Cash: 1932-2003
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks